Homemade cedar strip canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
A couple of mornings work until the great staple removal festival.

zyveguhy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Looks beautiful. The couple of people I've met with these on the water were joiners. Are you an enthusiastic amateur then or also a joiner?

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I'm an enthusiastic amateur. I did do a DIY barn conversion, and I've started on this. Keeps me out of trouble.

Thanks for all the comments

Nick

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Another coat went on last night. Why is it you only find the last staple when youve nearly finished the wetting out coat?

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
So far its been on the go since about October last year, with a few breaks. If I'd done it full time I reckon there's about ten days work in to get it to this stage.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I got it at a local woodyard, build base in the bridge of don. I ripped the planks down to 6mm, and routed a bead and cove in it. Total cedar cost was about £90, and 2 days of ripping and milling.

I bought 7 planks and have 3 left. Might have to start doing a small solo boat this winter.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE