Home made stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Just had a go at making my very first penny stove. Made two with varying results. One had the jets on the outside and the other inside. The jets on the outside appeared to burn better.

My question is should I have put inside anything to hold the fuel (wadding) or just leave it empty.

Also looked on YouTube at the chimney type burner and wondered if they were any better in the way of heat output and fuel efficiency.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=CMt4sBxmX40

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
After all the faffing around I found the ones shown on the Hoods Woods videos to be the most expedient. Use and recycle when done and they don't take forever to make either. The jets work well and there's no need to use a medium to soak up the meths. You can make one in under 10 minutes too.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I think you could use like the pink loft insulation? I think :s might be getting it mixed up with something else...can't remember if that's flammable or not. Something of that sort though, cotton wool sort of thing, think of inside a Zippo lighter, similar sort of thing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE