Holy pot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Because of the tainted tea thread, I got this suggested.

How do you think the holes in this pot work, surely the water doesn't come out of these ?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Because of the tainted tea thread, I got this suggested.

How do you think the holes in this pot work, surely the water doesn't come out of these ?

I think the way it works is that there is an outer layer to the pot that carries the flame and hot gas up against the inner layer (that holds the water). The holes you see are at the top of the outer layer and are there to let the gas and flame flow. Basically it's a double layered pot with flame entry at the bottom (not visible).

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sorry John, I only do pictures, and as you can see the seller has unhelpfully not included on of the gizmo in action.
The descriptin the seller has provided on how it works seems pretty clear to me.

• How it works: This specialized pot has a full skirt that protrudes below the bottom of the stove top or trivet and forces flames to lick the walls of the pot, in addition to the double clad stainless steel bottom. This skirted pot is capable of bringing water , soups, sauces, or stews to a boil incredibly fast by capturing additional heat, compared to a traditional pots which heat transfer is lost after hitting the bottom of the pot and deflected into the atmosphere for two in the field or at home. This means the bottom of the pot and the walls of the pot are working together, increasing heat transfer into the cooking vessel. The Mini Scout 2 liter Dragon pot captures and retains this heat, forcing the flames to lick the vertical walls of the pot, increasing heat transfer. The heat transfer is superior to pot skirts or traditional pots.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Like as in "Bought one"?
If so, would you share with us, when it arrives, how you find the construction?
If the stainless is magnetic, thick or thin material used for the construction, and if it really works wonders as the guy in the promotion shows?
That would be wonderfull!
Nope, Snap as in Brochs' reply.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Do you need to clean it or does the space between the both walls simply burns free?

Usually I am strictly against such constructions, because you need to carry a dishwasher around to clean them properly.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Not entirely sure what you mean Erbswurst. I have an original Bush Buddy and never have I needed to wash it, much less feel it needed to go go into a washing machine. It travels inside my eating pot. The eating pot's soot cover is always more than the cooker, and a wipe down and tight weave travel bag have kept my gear clean enough from that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE