Hogmanay - Comrie Croft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Just putting feelers out for a possible meet for Hogmany at Comrie Croft. We had an excellent one there a couple of years ago...and last years was cancelled due to the severe weather.

I'm really cheesed off I can't manage the meet there in November as away in London at a Christmas show for work...hence trying to get something organised for the New Year.

The hall at Comrie is already booked out for Hogmanay but not sure if we'd have needed it anyway.

Has anyone got a different venue that could be used? Can't remember where last years was meant to be but that could be a possibility...maybe whoever was organising that place could check and get back to me as a possible venue.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

Vince

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We had intended to go up to Wiston Lodge since it's pretty central for the Lowlands from Ayrshire to Edinburgh.The weather was agin us though.....ask Tam (Barn Owl) :D

cheers,
Mary

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
You must be mad, I heard a rumour that the last New year bash at Comrie was so bad someone tried to hack his own leg off to get an ambulance out of it.

:D

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Ach it was only -12 :) and a bit of snow..

Wiston is easily got to from all airts and not too disimilar from the croft.

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Yeh that was 2 years ago...I remember the screams through the woods.

I'm happy for Wiston...don't know much about the place but from what I hear a good venue.

Barn Owl...are you happy to look into it again for this year? If not let me know who to speak to and I'll call to see if OK for us to pitch up.

Vince

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Yeh that was 2 years ago...I remember the screams through the woods.

I'm happy for Wiston...don't know much about the place but from what I hear a good venue.

Barn Owl...are you happy to look into it again for this year? If not let me know who to speak to and I'll call to see if OK for us to pitch up.

Vince

I'll leave it to you Vince,

I can't say for definate if i'd be able to make it.

Cheers,
Tom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE