Hip flask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Hello everyone

With Xmas coming I'm in the market for a new larger hip flask has anyone got some recommendations for where to purchase out of the ordinary style flasks?? Looking for ideas and where to get one... Ta

Sent from somewhere?

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Just what I've been thinking, seen some nice 6oz ones but can't decide which one. Gallyons in Norwich have some nice ones.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Seen some ok 8oz ones but nothing a bit different looking, well not that aren't silly money!!

Sent from somewhere?

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I got a vintage pewter one with a pheasant engraving that say 'the field' on it. Really nice flask and it's modern pewter so is safe to drink from. I believe it is a 6oz one and it is a lovely little flask. Not particularly old but very good quality and it hasn't been used just displayed when I got it. Hope this helps :).

Rich D

Forager
Jan 2, 2014
Nottingham
I got a vintage pewter one with a pheasant engraving that say 'the field' on it. Really nice flask and it's modern pewter so is safe to drink from. I believe it is a 6oz one and it is a lovely little flask. Not particularly old but very good quality and it hasn't been used just displayed when I got it. Hope this helps :).

Sounds good, where did you get it from?
Rich

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Yep that sounds nice Cameron I think I seem to remember seeing a photo of it.?

Sent from somewhere?

I've probably posted one in a report or at some time or other- I'll try and dig one out for you soon but the iPads not playing ball at the minute :(.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
I use a sigg pilots flask, its big for a hip flask but will fit on a jacket pocket, and as the late great Don Whillans once said "I have a mortal fear of dehydration "

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE