Hiking Stick Umbrella's ?

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have always considered the idea impractical, in the in the event of a storm, you no longer have the use of a walking stick, unless anybody comes up with the idea of attaching an umbrella top to a 7 foot long hiking staff. Incidentally I was in the Hospital a couple of days ago and everybody but everybody was complementing me on my hand made forearm crutch. I could theoretically hold an umbrella in one hand, use the crutch in the other, and if you know how forearm crutches work, still have a hand free if I needed it in an emergency.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I guess it depends on how much you 'need' the stick for movement.
My uncle in law used to go to craft fares etc. with a large umbrella attached to his trusty walking stick with elastic bands which worked well for him. he needed the stick to walk any distance.
if a stick is helpful but not crucial then a combination would work

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.