Day Out Highlights of a two hour walk from my front door

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
A grand walk. What a place! I love the shell folly, and wouldn’t that old farmhouse with its bell house make a lovely dwelling for someone with the money to bring it back? Not that it doesn’t look wonderful in its present state, but they don’t build them like that anymore.

Do you know any more about that Holly? I’ve seen cultivars without prickly leaves, but usually in planned gardens, and not with the red bark. It may be a rarity. Many of our variegated, split leafed, curly leafed, twisted stemmed shrubs and trees have simply been chanced upon and cuttings taken, or crossed with other species of the same genus. The Victorians brought and made us many of these, but many happened because someone took notice and took a cutting or showed it to someone who did. I happened upon a website a while ago asking for people to report any they find, and I didn’t save it to my notes.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
lovely John! Do you know anything about the white foxgloves? Are they a recessive natural kind of thing or are they escapees?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It is in the grounds of a minor local mansion - between the " big house" and the home farm. It was a pass time for the ladies of the house ... anyone would think they had been in lockdown! :)
This is all in North Pembrokeshire - about 8 miles from the coast - just outside Pembs coast Nat Park.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE