High Tech Basket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Bushcraft is where you find it. I made this from bits of scrap network cabling from work.

High tech meets primative tech. ;) Pint pot for scale.

Basket3.jpg

Basket2.jpg

Basket1.jpg

Info for the geeky. All the cable is Category 6A 10Gig ethernet. The main purple stuff is building cable and the blue and yellow bits are patch leads. The grey stuff is Zone cable from a Data Centre installation which is quite flexible for Cat6A.

Basic basket making techniques but I'm quite pleased with it. :D

Any other ideas for using this stuff?

Stu

Balanophage

Apr 11, 2011
UK
www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk
:lmao:

That's excellent! And must've taken some doing, Cat6A is not the world's most flexible material... although I suppose willow isn't either, depending on thickness.

Which is a thought - have you done standard basketry? How does the cable compare to more traditional materials?

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
:lmao:

Which is a thought - have you done standard basketry? How does the cable compare to more traditional materials?

Only natural material I've used are Raspbery canes which worked well. However I used them green as I was impatient to get going and now the materials have shrunk as it dried and the basket is a bit loose. No suprises there though.

The Cable works suprisingly well, I've now got 2 baskets on my desk but I can stop making them ast any time I want. Maybe I'll just make a little one...

Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE