Hi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Uilleachan, (Willie), here.

Living on the NW coast of Scotland. Born and partly raised in Edinburgh I moved here as a teenager, hated it and swore I'd leave once I had the means, but never got round to it despite a few false starts and the odd attempt. I learned to love the very rain that drove me nuts as a kid.

As a boy scout I learned many of the basics, starting a fire, making tent pegs etc, the dangers of drink, the dark arts of campsite poker based card games and various other rakish vices.

As a "not very good climber on a budget", I put many of those scouting skill to use, particularly the card playing, and developed a few more as I dossed my way round the UK and europe climbing, chalking up a couple of years under canvas, the odd lean too some snow-holes, and on occasion a few ditches along the way.

For the past 22 years I've been settled living in my old stone built cottage, never straying too far from my stove.

When i'm not working or otherwise engaged; I enjoy the great outdoors generally, spending my time idly wandering the hills woods and bogs of my locality whilst pondering the mysteries of the universe. My main wilderness driver since I've become settled is fly fishing wild places for trout.

My interests in this site is in connecting with others for a spot of virtual note comparing, and learning this old dog a few new tricks.

Thanks for having me

Willie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE