Hi from the Herts, Beds, Bucks borders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sao

May 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Hi, just thought I would stick a post in here to introduce myself.

I never liked the outdoors or camping when a child due to suffering miserably from chronic hayfever since the age of 5, I was in the cub scouts and used to enjoy the practical side of things but never enjoyed the camping aspect.

I've kind of stumbled into bushcrafty type things in an unusual way, my main hobby, of which I am passionate about, is Radio Controlled Helicopters and Aircraft, now I also have a rather large thirst for drinking tea.... as most of you probably know tea out of a flask isn't too nice especially when it's been in there for 6 hours or more. One of my fellow club members suggested I look into getting a kelly kettle and upon researching the internet a google search led me to this wonderful place. I've now bought a ghillie kettle for tea making duties and find myself enjoying scavenging for fuel and lighting the fire almost as much as playing with toy helicopters.

I find myself wishing that I hadn't suffered so badly from hayfever as a child so I could have enjoyed the outdoors more, now that I don't suffer quite as badly my interest in all things outdoors like has been piqued.

I look forward to reading all the wonderful information on this website and trying to put some of it to good use in the great outdoors.

Sao

May 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Welcome.
Mmm, Bushcraft and Model Helicopters, there's got to be a useful combined application there somewhere!
Well I've helped make an aerial support from a stick in the past and recently we had to make a temporary peg to go on the frequency pegboard so there are some crossover applications of bushcraft ;)

Hi Sao and welcome. I'm in Woburn Sands, so pretty close to you...
Quite close indeed. I am actually in Leighton Buzzard to be precise :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE