Hennesy Hammock mods ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Has anyone in the UK had their HH modded. What i mean by modded is the entry slit stitched up and zips added to the mozzy net so you can roll it up when not in use ?

I know from the hammock forums site that there is a place in the US that does these mods, but was wondering if there is anywhere in te UK to get it done. ( and no, i dont have the skills to do it myself im afraid )

Cheers,

Paul

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
I'm taking mine in tomorrow to get a zip put in...from what I can see there is no real tension where the netting meets the fabric so should be ok. Might even get it done both sides...I'll see what the folk say at the place. I'm taking it to Scottish Mountain Gear http://www.imagescotland.com/scottishmountaingear-home.asp They repair all our tents...do a great job!

Can give you an update once it's been done.

Vince

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
I'm taking mine in tomorrow to get a zip put in...from what I can see there is no real tension where the netting meets the fabric so should be ok. Might even get it done both sides...I'll see what the folk say at the place. I'm taking it to Scottish Mountain Gear http://www.imagescotland.com/scottishmountaingear-home.asp They repair all our tents...do a great job!

Can give you an update once it's been done.

Vince

Nice one Vince, let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Paul

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Paul
I had mine done by the American chap last year. I am extremely satisfied with the quality and service and of course the versatility it gives. Proves quite costly with shipping though.
Alan

(I had one full length zip and a half length zip on the opposite side).

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
You could sell your HH and get a new one from a webshop in the USA and have them send it to 2Questions for modding. That would only add a some extra transport costs within the USA.

Had mine modded by Squantrill, love it!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
If it was not a weight bearing problem, couldn't a street seamstress do the job?

I've had jackets altered and Velcro added to my Buffalo jacket etc if you produce the zip for them they should be able to do it, I would have thought.

if i had a wish list of mods I would choose:
Extra pockets to keep stuff (external and internal).
straps or sleeve to hold down a sleep mat.

(never had a problem with the net or entrance I always thought they were the best thing about a HH :confused:)

if i had a wish list of mods I would choose:
Extra pockets to keep stuff (external and internal).
straps or sleeve to hold down a sleep mat.

(never had a problem with the net or entrance I always thought they were the best thing about a HH :confused:)

Infact, i had never thought of the sleeve for the sleep mat, what a great idea, that would solve alot of problems!! The pockets would be handy too, now im off to think up some ideas to keep the mat in place....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE