Hennesy hammock issue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I brought a henessey hammock a while back I have found the tree huggers to small they only go round small trees. Any ideas where I can buy something the same but bigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
From Hennessy, they do three lengths.
42' 72' and 96'

I bought two different lengths but I haven't had to use the longer length ones yet.

Most hammock venders will do them or you could try tow straps, I paid £5 for a 2m ove from TK Max.

Last edited:

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Do a Whoopi sling conversation with tree straps with marlin spikes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I brought a henessey hammock a while back I have found the tree huggers to small they only go round small trees. Any ideas where I can buy something the same but bigger?

Is it still the herringbone stuff like seatbelts? It's a while since I had my Hennessy.

You can pick up seatbelts for pence from scrapyards, or I might have a roll of it somewhere, I can cut you some lengths off if you want to sew in your own loops?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Tree hugger extenders. :)

I carry 2 x 2ft loops of cord (Amsteel) to extend my suspension or huggers. They live on my pack carry strap, makes it easier to hang my pack on a tree and lift it on my back as my arm is straight.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Exelllent defiantly some food for thought. I will have to have a look into this as it's an issue. I have seen some multiple loop straps some where on YouTube gorilla straps I think they were called.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Too answer Shewies question my stock (short) ones are quite a pronounced almost abrasive weave and grip well, the longer HH ones I have are smooth like seat belt and a bit slippery on the likes of lime, birch and plane. Yes in future I would either pop in to the local scrappy or keep an eye on Midnite Hounds next GB of webbing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE