Hennessy Hammocks Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
There have been a few threads recently about shipping / import etc of Hennessy Hammocks and the suggestion of a group buy of sorts. As I am almost certainly going to be ordering a hammock direct from Hennessy very shortly I can offer the possibility of combining to make use of their pricing.

If you don't know Hennessy have a simplish system where they use the website prices and charge $60 to supply from London. On small orders that can be a killer but for larger orders can be good as it covers carriage and taxes and currency.

The way this will work is you select items from the international website (www.hennessyhammocks.com) and let me know exactly what you want. I will then check availability with Hennessy and if all is OK give you a price and order for delivery to me. I will then ship on to you.

There are a couple of imponderables; the share of the $60 depends on how many want to join and the onward carriage obviously depends a bit on the value/weight of what you order!

You pay the dollar price + carriage from me to you + your share of the flat rate carriage/import $60. Payment by Paypal and I'll workout the fees.

I would like to close the list at midnight Sunday 24th so I can place an order early next week.

If you are interested please add your name and the products below:

Name: Item : List price
PeterH : Explorer Deluxe Zip - Hammock only : $140

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I have not gone totally mad BTW, although the website says the Explorer Zip is on backorder as of last Sunday Hennessy had some in London!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
You can buy direct from the Uk branch of Hennessy though... I assume you know that (and yes, it's more expensive as they've already paid the import duty)

I would also recommend if anyone isn't worried about weight get the hex tarp (a free swap) as the stock tarp doesn't give you much privacy and is rubbish in bad weather.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Original post deleted and replaced as below.

You can buy direct from the Uk branch of Hennessy though... I assume you know that (and yes, it's more expensive as they've already paid the import duty)

I would also recommend if anyone isn't worried about weight get the hex tarp (a free swap) as the stock tarp doesn't give you much privacy and is rubbish in bad weather.

I already have a Hex Tarp, hence the non standard order of hammock only, not a normal retail item.

Please see [here] which is a much better clarification than I originally wrote! Do the maths and assume that you WILL get stung for VAT and Import Duty on the say $20 another company might charge. If you want what a UK reseller has in stock then fine, if not you need to look at the options :)

Just an offer if anyone wants to share the one-off handling charge!

Peter

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Pete have you asked him what he stocks? Last time I called them I found out that he had a lot more than was advertised on the site! But yes, potentially cheaper!

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I have decided to take up an alternative offer and so as it doesn't look like I will be disappointing anyone else call it a day on the GB :->

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Just resurrecting this to see how it lies now.

I have spoken to a number of the vendors in the the UK but not found anyone who stocks, or is prepared to get, anything other than the standard packages. I am looking at either hammock only or hammock with a tarp upgrade to one of the "door" versions (already have asym and hex tarps).

If there were enough people looking for non-standard combo, tarp upgrades or even pricing on a standard package etc I would be happy to contact Hennessy and see what we can work out with them direct as they have always come back to me with offers in the past.

Expressions of interest, no commitment
PeterH - Expedition Dlx Zip hammock only

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Do the maths and assume that you WILL get stung for VAT and Import Duty on the say $20 another company might charge. If you want what a UK reseller has in stock then fine, if not you need to look at the options :)

Just an offer if anyone wants to share the one-off handling charge!

Peter

Deff buyer beware.... I have in the past ordered stuf from USA.. Paintball equipemnt thinking it is cheaper, and the got really hit for Import Duty, Carriers Charges, VAT ect.

After all this is added not a lot in getting it here.

But its the only way if no suppier will order it in with their normal stock.

or soursce a friendly person in said country to send it to you as a gift......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE