Hennessey Hammock zip or velcro

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

browntrout

Dec 28, 2012
Perth
I have decided to buy my first hammock and have narrowed it down to a Hennessey Hammock Expedition Asym, only problem is deciding to go for velcro or zip opening. I was wondering if any guys using this Hammock could give me pros and cons on both.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I got the velcro one but have since had the zip added by UKHammocks so I can get the best of both worlds. The zipper I've had put it in unzips the entire bug net if you want and it stores away in a small pouch.

I like the velcro entry but luckily where I mainly camp there are very few biting things so I'm happy to sleep without the bug net but if I ever head north and venture over the border I think I will be glad of the bottom entry.

I used to have a velcro version until I started using an underquilt. I found it really useful in Sweden to keep out the midges, but it was a pain in winter. I'm using a Warbonnet blackbird 1.1dbl now and can't fault it...

If you are dead set on the hennessy, get the bottom entry and add a zip conversion for the best of both worlds...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How tall are you browntrout?

I ask because I had the Expedition for a while and found it a bit cramped for my slender 5' 10" frame.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I have the explorer deluxe and I'll be be getting the half zip mod done at UK hammocks before next meet.

sent from the back of beyond

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I went for velcro and had no problems with it. I did end up flogging the thing in the end because it was a little on the small side for someone north of 6 foot. Nice build quality tho.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
I would start with the velcro then decide later. I've just got one, and love the velcro bottom. Very clever and simple - it just works!

Dave-Jefferson

Apr 23, 2012
York, North Yorkshire
I got the velcro one but have since had the zip added by UKHammocks so I can get the best of both worlds. The zipper I've had put it in unzips the entire bug net if you want and it stores away in a small pouch.

I like the velcro entry but luckily where I mainly camp there are very few biting things so I'm happy to sleep without the bug net but if I ever head north and venture over the border I think I will be glad of the bottom entry.
Hi, I'm lucking at getting a zip added to mine, how much did it cost you to have it done?
Cheers Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE