Help, Stung

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blades

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 6, 2009
Aberdeen
hi. ive just sat on a wasp on the way home in the car and its stung me on the backside, a small area is swollen and it hurts like chuff, i dont know iif the sting is still in it or not. is this a problem, do i need to go to the doc and find out if the sting is there and get it taken out if it is or is it not a problem if the sting is left in. someone had a look and said there was definatly no sting there, but i dno if i would have pushed it in, it nips at the moment but i dno if that is just normal, i guess it would be, ive rubbed some anti sting on at the moment.

any more help apprciated, as i cant sit down.

:(:(

bushcrafty1

Aug 10, 2009
Deepest Darkest Kent
Well if it was a wasp sting then the stinger is hopfuly not still in there as the the honey bee is the only one that usualy leaves the sting behind as the stinger is barbed.

Try not to rub or scratch the sting site, because microbes from the surface of the skin could be introduced into the wound and result in an infection.

Hope thats of some help and sorry to hear about where it is (ouchy).

Jim.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Soak a tissue or cotton wool ball in vinegar and hold it over the bite site.

Wasps don't leave a sting in you but it may have stung you more than once.

Blades

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 6, 2009
Aberdeen
yes i have a smaller lump and a bigger one. both sore, i will try the veniger. ive just rubbed some anthisan on it its called.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
A good tip is to apply heat to the area of the sting as the toxin is degraded by heat and this does ease the pain.Also if you do get stung and the sting is still there DO NOT pull it out because you will squeeze the sac containing the venom. The way to remove it is to flick it out in the opposite direction that it went in.

Blades

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 6, 2009
Aberdeen
apply heat, great, my mums had me holding an ice cube to my backside. thanks for the informed info mate.

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
I'm sorry I can't offer you any relief mate......but.....

I got a twin pack insect relelent and sting/bite relief spray from Neto some time ago as it was cheap and not much bigger than a marker pen, so it is easy to carry when out and about and has lived in my first aid case since.....anyway, tother week a friend got bitten when we were camping, so we experimented on her....:) and she said it worked well!

They still had them in my local Neto last week, and for a couple of quid, you never know when they will come in useful!

Smoggy.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
reminds me of when i was a kid, my father picks up his underwear off the bed into which a wasp had crawled without either of my parents noticing then slips em on.
couldn't sit down for the whole day,
in fact even worse had a friend in high school stand on a wasp in his house barefoot and it stung the sole of his foot, didn't see it there just felt the sharp pain.
i sympathise as i hate wasp stings! dealt with a nest in my back garden not to long ago and fortunatly didn't get a single hit but it was tense for a while 0_o

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE