Help? StealthCam power issue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Hi folks,

I found my old StealthCam the other day and have been checking it out to see if it's still usable. Everything looks clean in it, no rust or damage to the battery connectors etc.

I put batteries it in and turned it on - took a bit of jiggling of the batteries to get the menu to come up but eventually I got it set up and left it on in the kitchen overnight to try and catch the dog moving about in the night... :)

This morning I came down to see the 'low battery' light on but no pictures taken.

Tried to set it up to test in normal light but now I can't get the menu to display, no matter how much I jiggle the batteries.. :) The display will light up white briefly but then go off, but never shows the actual menu.

Anyone had this kind of issue with a these kinds of wildlife cameras and can point me in a direction to look?

Thanks!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The wiring inside that connects the batteries to the circuit board is often dodgy - quite simple with a soldering iron if you take it apart.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
If the 'low battery' light was on you have a connection at least. Are they rechargeable batteries or normal? If rechargeable I would suspect the batteries; they don't like hanging around for long periods discharged and may need to be replaced or it may be they never charged up properly for some reason (charger faulty for example). If normal batteries, are you sure they were all fresh? (sorry, stating the obvious but sometimes it's the simplest things).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE