Help Required Lake District/Wales Glamping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Good Evening guys,

I was hoping was hoping one of you lovely people would be able to advise me. I'm looking at taking the girlfriend away for 3-4 days in October/November. I'd quite like to go to either the Lake District or somewhere equally as "pretty" in Wales. Not Scotland as it's a bit too far for me just for a few nights. The idea is to stay in some sort of "glamping" experience. Be it a tipi, bell tent, yurt etc etc. I've seen pictures on facebook of like big yurts with a double bed, kitchen and sofa area and a woodburner in etc. Something like that would be perfect! But after some searching I've realised that there are hundreds of sites doing very similar things. So I was wondering if anyone could recommend one from experience that'd be great? if the site allows dogs, even better, but this isn't a requirement.

I wouldn't go as far as to say price isn't an option, obviously the cheaper the better, but I understand camping like this is going to cost more than your standard tent!

Thanks for your help
BCM

jmagee

Forager
Aug 20, 2014
Cumbria
National trust campsite at low wray has yurts I think.

Castlerigg hall near Keswick has pods and is a lovely site.

The quiet site, near Penrith i think, have hobbit holes I believe.

Castlerigg is the only site I can personally recommend. Always fancied the yurt myself but now I live in the lakes i can't really justify it 😞

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE