Help needed(Air Rifle)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Due to the new air rifle laws prohbitng rifles being sent over post im now in a pickle in getting one.
Is there anyone who stays within reasonable distance of a decent Air Rifle shop willing to make a deal with me obviously thered be some financial benefit in it for them aswell as my thanks. If anyone is intrested post here or drop me a pm.
Lodian

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My advice Lodain would be to be very careful before buying an airgun right now given where you live - the SNP has requested the UK parliament to allow them to ban airguns in Scotland. I have yet to see any mention of a compensation scheme so you could be out your entire investment.

Red

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
also Aberdeen council is seeking (and at this stage it looks like they will succeed) a ban on airguns except for authorised use.
I'd wait on it for a while.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'll ditto what British Red says,
I'd also be very carefull that your actions, albeit innocent, are not viewed as an attempt to circumvent any incomming laws.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Robbo

Nomad
Aug 22, 2005
Darkest Scotland,
I believe its Aberdeen City Council not Aberdeenshire Council (I'm under the impression they are seperate entities), so you may be ok living in Peterhead, theres still the question of Salmond and his cronies though.

I moved out of Aberdeen 10 years ago to Sunny Arbroath so my recollection regarding the council situation is a little fuzzy, technically the council CAN'T ban them as Firearms legislation is reserved for Westminster to deal with, though it might need a legal case to decide this, if the council prosecute an individual for breaching this insane infringement of our rights.

I'm saying no more regarding the SNP. They lost my vote long ago.

But regarding the new legislation it only applies to those who sell airguns by way of Trade or Business i.e. if you sell them for a living, private sales are still legal (at the moment).

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE