Help me with job ideas.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Im wanting to get a job in a forest environment or country park.
What sort of jobs would you folk recommended.
Any courses I should try and get on like chainsaw handling??

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Thinking i will start out becoming an arborist (tree surgeon) then moving on after that.
All the roles i have seen so far ask for the same qualifications as arborists anyway.

Best get a bit fitter as its a very physical job.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I can't help with advice on training etc, but, I have found that presenting oneself to the company you hope to work with early in the day with a clear statement of what you want to do and why does open doors, even if you had already written to them or phoned them. By showing an enthusiasm and a get up and do attitude employers will often give you a chance to prove yourself, even if on trial basis which is then all good experience to take with you.
Good fortune in your endeavour, Rob.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I have also applied to Warwick college on a countryside management course.
Hope my age wont stop me.
Really dont want to end up having to work in a factory.........:yuck::banghead:

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Good luck with finding the right job mate, it took me years and several false starts to work out what I wanted to do :)

The problem with countryside jobs in general is that soooooo many people want to do them, I'd strongly advise you to go to college as not only will you gain relevant quals you will also network and meet others who will be going into the same field of work....so later down the line you may find an old college mate interviewing you for a job :)

Also, well worth joining a local conservation group and getting experience that way and again more opportunity for networking....as with so much in life and particularly when so many are after so few jobs, it's not always what you know but who you who.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Bam. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE