Help, Im new!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C4rn1fex

Mar 7, 2013
Southport
Hello any and all.

I'm new to bushcraftuk but not bush craft in general. I've been out to the Middlewood meet once and since then I've been unable to attend due to money issues. So in the mean time i thought I'd connect with all you lovely people for advice and tips.
I'm currently working on a wood gas stove for the next outing and collecting a few things for my kit. I'd really love for some help from someone who can tell me exactly what is essential in a kit (tent, knife and sleeping roll excluded as I've got 'em!!)

Anyway that's my first post so I look forward to hearing back from you all.

David (C4rn1fex)

udamiano

On a new journey
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Basically your kit should cover the basic requirements, which are.

Something to keep you warm.(appropriate clothing for the environment)
Something to keep you dry.(appropriate clothing, a basic shelter like a tent or a tarp)
Something to sleep in (blankets, Sleeping bag,etc)
Something to Sleep on (off the floor like a mat)
Something to cook in (billy's, mess tins, etc)
Something to cook on (simple stove, or fire box)
Something to drink with.(cup type object)
something to eat with (Knife fork spoon)
something to eat out off (can be the same as the thing you cooked in)
Something to Cut with (knife, or axe, or saw. you (don't necessary need them all))
Something to create fire with (matches, lighter, spark stick, tinder, bow drill, etc)
Something to treat injuries with. (Fist Aid Kit)
Something to tell you where you are (Map)
Something to tell you where to go (compass)
Something to store and carry water in.

and of course

something to carry it all in.

The rest comes and goes depending on your style of camping out, and personnel requirements.

I've probably missed a few items but others can help fill in the blanks.

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Hi David and welcome to the forum,

You asked for the essentials and I think http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/member.php?u=2501udamiano has pretty much nailed it, like he says other things you might like to take will be down to personal preference.

I like to take a headtorch and at least a small candle lantern too.

A little trowel and some loo roll is a good idea too, (not always needed but awkward if you do and you haven't got it) :rolleyes:

After a few outings you'll get to know what you need/want. :)

All the best fella.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE