"Help for Heroes" - Charity Auction #2 - New Custom Bushcraft Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Guys, in aid of the charity "Help for Heroes" - which aims to care for wounded service personnel, Bernie Garland has made an amazing offer. This is for a new, custom made Bushcraft knife.

Bernie makes and sells great knives - see for yourself

Picture11205.jpg

Picture11216.jpg

Picture11204.jpg

The knife is:

Overall Length: 220mm

Blade: 110mm x 27mm x 4mm thick

Handle: 110mm

Its made in O1 tool steel - Scnady ground to a 15 degree angle

The sheath is 5mm veg tanned hide - this equates to "bomb proof" in my view!

Hers a link to one of Bernies knives on E-bay with a lot more photos

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012#ebayphotohosting

If you have ever wanted a cracking, handmade custom knife - in your choice of right or left handed sheath, where you get to choose the scale material etc., now is your chance. These knives sell for more than £200 a piece.

Here, on this auction, for a fantastic charity, you get to bid.

The money goes to charity - the details of the cause are here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26445

Bids should be registered on this thread and start at...£1.

WON by Diamond Dave!

http://www.justgiving.com/H4H

If you would like to know more about the cause "Help for Heroes" - please look here

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/index.html

If you would like to help, please consider one of the following options:

1) Bid on this item
2) Just make a donation on the links above - anything - that cup of coffee you are about to buy at work would be more than enough
3) If you feel as I do, perhaps you would consider auctioning something yourself. Your time, an item, a surplus thing in your "glory hole", something you have made, a guided walk - whatever you can spare.
4)Shake the hand of a service man or woman and just say "thank you - I am proud to have met you"

Thank you for taking time to read this thread

Red

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'm in (will think of what I can add to the 'catalogue') so to get this moving, and I better be outbid alright!

£30

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Another great knife. I'll stick with auction one for now, but I can see it going well beyond my reach, in which case I might come back to this one.

ady05

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
kings lynn, norfolk
not sure if its gonna help much but year after year my folks put on a walk in xmas display i have just got them to go with the charity (whatever they raise) along with the local air ambulance they raise for i hope this will help a good cause :D :D i think they are glad that i made it back in one piece

D

Deleted dude 7861

I'll raise the bidding up to £80, all that shiny metal has made me go weak in the knees, awesome knives :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Strange is good!

I've had a note from Bernie saying he believes that £200 is a very fair price for one of his knives and would like to end the auction. That way he can get the knife made up in time for Christmas (which is a lovely thought)

So on that basis, congratulations Dave! If you can PM Bernie, you can make arrangements to collect your prize. If you PM Bernie a note when H4H has your folding notes, he'll make the delivery arrangements.

Gentlemen all - including the gallant losers - my personal thanks for a lovely gesture and great contributions to a worthy cause!

To the unsuccesful, I believe there will be a couple of other interesting items along in due time - can't say too much but watch this space!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE