Help! Canoe Trip Norway

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi guys,

So last year me and the guys went to Sweden canoeing for a week on a self guided expedition in the region of Ed - this year it's my turn to organise!

So we want something a bit different so this year we want to go to Norway, now the great thing about Sweden was that it was totally empty where we went. (august time) the lake systems we were on were huge and not a "touristy" hot spot so we mustve saw less than 10 other people the whole time we were there, which was great! And it meant that whatever little "huts or Cabins" there were dotted about the lake were usually free for us to use! which was brilliant.

So can anyone recommend somewhere in Norway that can replicate this!? All we want to do is rock up, hire canoe's, get on the water and be left to it. The 4 of us can all perfectly look after ourselves so nobody start going on about guided tours please. A lake system would be preferable to rivers as one of us has no experience with rapids.

Thanks in advance you awesome people

Jordan

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Hi

Have a look at the blogs and trip reports on song of the paddle. There's bound to be something on there

Cheers
Andy

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
Last edited:

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
that's cool! can you give me any more info? like where you went, which airport did you fly to, how did you get from airport - destination, where did you hire canoe's etc etc

Dec 16, 2012
Haarlem, netherlands
Hi

Maybe lake Femunden is a good place for you. it's perfect for canoeing with beautifull nature (Femundsmarka national park)..I've been there a few times with the car but it is a 3 hour drive from the Oslo airport Gardermoen. I know there are a few placees where you can hire a canoe. I was camping at the campsite at Feemundsenden and in the evening reindeer walked over the campsite. If you want to seee how it is right there you can look for a television series of Lars Monsen, you can find it on youtube or the site of the Norwegian television ( http://tv.nrk.no/serie/paa-tur-med-lars-monsen/OUHA41002304/20-03-2005 ).

I apologize for my bad English, I hope you find the post useful

Arnold

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE