Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nemesis

Jan 4, 2010
Surrey
Hello all
Just wanted to say hello. found the site as I made a new years resolution to go Wild camping (at least) once a season this year withoutna tent (I have bought a 4 season sleeping bag, thermarest and both a bivvy and a DD camping hammock to try.

I love camping but have only done campsites until now which are nice but give me somewhere secluded where you can make your own toilet and shower block and cook over a fire rather than a stove.

Obviously these are all possible and only if they are practical to do whilst leaving no trace (I am also a keen offroader and environmentalist and believe in the tread lightly approach as to do anything else is a) rude and b) ruins things for everyone else)

I have invited my family to come to each of my planned weekends and for the first (in a few weeks time) myself my brother, sister and neice shall be in the woods of a nearby friend (I don't want to run before I can walk and scare the others off on their first outing)

Anyway, wittering now. Suffice to say the site is great and I have been feeling a it like a kid in a sweetshop reading through the threads (though is it just me or do the posts appear last first and first last?)

Look forward to finding out lots and hopefully contributing useful things myself in time.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Nemesis - welcome to the forum

To change the thread display order, go to User CP / Edit Options / Thread Display Options / Thread Display Mode - go for Linear - Oldest first

Nemesis

Jan 4, 2010
Surrey
Grr... Checked the date for that meet and I'm in India (for the first time, which is quite exciting to say the least but shame that it clashes)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE