Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

roibica

Apr 8, 2009
Bucharest
Hello,

My name is Alexandru and I am from Romania, Bucharest, I am 22 years old.
My country has beautiful mountains that I am visitig for the last 5 years but only for trekking, hicking. I am new to bushcraft and I want to learn. Thear a lot of good places here to bushcraft.

Thanks for a warm welcome.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello :) and welcome to BcUK :D
Hope you enjoy the virtual company :cool:

Sandbender is living near your part of the world and he says it really is beautiful :approve:

cheers,
Toddy

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I am new to bushcraft and I want to learn. Thear a lot of good places here to bushcraft.

Welcome to the forum, Romania is indeed a beautiful country and yes, it does have many good places to practice Bushcraft.

fagaras_03.jpg

:D

roibica

Apr 8, 2009
Bucharest
I want to go for a week or two trekking in Fagaras.
Piatra Craiului is also beautiful, I can't upload photos :(
are you from Romania ? why did you leave?

roibica

Apr 8, 2009
Bucharest
it's a beutiful country with a lot of stupid people :) alot of people go to the mountains . to hick and ofcourse they don't now (or don't want, don't care) how to maintain this mountains clean.

ofcourse our local outorities don't do much either, the only hope comes from non profit and non guvernmental fundation and mountain clubs that go out there and clean the paths.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
... they don't now (or don't want, don't care) how to maintain this mountains clean...

Well that is true everywhere I guess, however I was surprised by how much rubbish there was along the top of the Făgăraş, after all its hardly easy to get up there so I'd imagine that only serious walkers and mountaineers would make the effort.

We came across a several beautiful mountain lakes, spoiled by the dumping of rubbish, mostly cans and plastic bags :(
DSC_0187.jpg

More.

I wouldn't want to put people of though, despite the litter it is still a gorgeous part of the world.
DSC_0211.jpg

:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE