Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris Gibbons

Jan 20, 2022
Dronfield
Hi everyone,

Chris here, from NE Derbyshire. Rediscovered my love of bushcraft during the pandemic. Spent some time living out in the African bush almost 20 years ago as a postgrad, still miss it. Now enjoying our English woodlands and moorlands more than ever. Perpetual struggle to get permissions for camping out and having a fire in the woods seems to be the main roadblock to getting out of the back garden and spending more time in the wild but doing what I can. So many places offering fantastic courses in bushcraft but so few opportunities it seems to keep those skills sharp outside of the courses it seems.

Anyway, glad to be here and look forward to taking part in the community.

Reactions: Erbswurst

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Hi everyone,

Chris here, from NE Derbyshire. Rediscovered my love of bushcraft during the pandemic. Spent some time living out in the African bush almost 20 years ago as a postgrad, still miss it. Now enjoying our English woodlands and moorlands more than ever. Perpetual struggle to get permissions for camping out and having a fire in the woods seems to be the main roadblock to getting out of the back garden and spending more time in the wild but doing what I can. So many places offering fantastic courses in bushcraft but so few opportunities it seems to keep those skills sharp outside of the courses it seems.

Once Africa gets her hook into your back.. you’ll forever long to go back.

Reactions: Broch

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Africa seems to stick somehow over generations. My great grandfather served in Tansania when it was still German.

;)

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hi everyone,

Cool there are lots of places Chris. You only have to ask on here. Round Matlock, chesterfield etc is great . you can disapear for days on those moors . There is always a good spot near the 9 ladies stone circle. There were permanent bush crafters living there last time i was there a couple of years ago , x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE