Hello!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
My name is Jordan, I am based a few miles North of Blackpool.

I've been a longtime lurker, and thought I would finally sign up so I could post :) I am a long term member of British Blades, as I love my sharps, but I have always had a love of camping.

My first wildcamp consisted of mum dropping me and 2 mates in the Trough of Bowland aged around 12 at dinnertime one Saturday, and picked us up at dinnertime Sunday. We had a tent, sleeping bags, a Coleman gas stove and a pan to cook some beans and toast.
I am 33 years old so this was before the days of mobile phones! The world was a different place back then!

Nowadays I am a little better prepared! I live a 5 minute walk to the beach and estuary, which is handy for a last minute local camp, but usually I head up to the Trough or the Lakes, as I love camping in forests.

I went on my first Solo camp to the Lakes two summers gone, and once i got over "the fear" lol I absolutely loved it, and now prefer a solo camp.

Over the past few years I (like many) have bought and sold/traded kit until i have reached a point where I am fairly content. I have gone through numerous axes/knives and settled on a Husqvarna Hatchet for light use, and a GB Scandinavian Forest for winter. Knife wise I have a Paramilitary 2 and I have also treated myself to one of Driftwood Walkers Bushcrafters for when I need to work wood. I use a Alpkit Dirtbag with a Snugpack Extreme for winter with a Bivvi Bag. I have a wool blanket if its going to get really cold. In the summer I tend to just use the Dirtbag and the wool blanket.

I am starting to waffle so i will leave it there for now!

Regards

Jordan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE