Hello to all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Hello there, I am newly registered to your group but have been reading the various posts for the past month or so. Really good forum, full of excellent advice etc. I am from Cork in Ireland and have been camping etc for many years but fancy getting a bit closer to nature. Are there any other people in my area already getting out and about. My friends think I am a bit mad wanting to sleep in the woods etc. but if there was a group in my area that meet up I would be interested in joining up with you.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Thanks guys. Got my basic kit sorted, stuff gathered over the years and some new gear as recommended by people on this site, just waiting on my dd hammock birthday present from herself and I should be good to go. I live near a woods so I have no excuses.

Hello Preacherman and welcome to the forum. There are quite a few members from Ireland here, but, surprisingly, we don't tend to meet up much. Unfortunately, I live almost as far away from you as you can get and still be in the Island ( I'm in County Antrim) but I'm sure there must be a few guys down around Cork/Kerry who like the rest of us, don't need much of an excuse to go out.

mountain_necro_goat

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2008
Co. Armagh N.Ireland
Hi all,
been hanging around the site for a while now but don't have too many posts under my belt yet. I'm here in Portadown Co. Armagh. Have been into wild camping for a few years now, mostly on and around the Mourne mountains but from using this forums the amount of differnt skills and methods I have been exposed to has really helped me. For example thanks to John Fenna I have now mastered the flint & steel method and preparing my own char clothe. So if there is any activities planned please keep me posted.

cheers

deepforest2501

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2007
Northern Ireland
Armagh bushcrater, Im near Newry myself. Is there any group around I can link up with? Feeling a bit isolated round here.Its great when Im on a course but thats only a week in the year usually. I just logged in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE