Hello, New Cub Leader here.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
I just wanted to say Hello. I've been a member of BCUK for a long time now but I've just been convinced to become a Cub leader (well, Assisstant Cub Leader). Looking forward to seeing some of you around a campfire maybe.
:camping:
Any hints or tips will be welcomed.

Rosahane

Jan 21, 2013
Ireland
You will enjoy it although Cubs take a bit of minding and the leaders have to do all the work on camp :(

Working as a Leader, Scouts are the best, their training includes cooking and cleaning for themselves. Infringements or slacking on their part can be punished by having the offenders clean up after the Leaders cooking.
...not that I would have done that you understand :lmao:

Sep 11, 2014
Derbyshire
I had some great times at cub camp when my son was younger, as one of the parent helpers. The leaders and assistants get my full admiration at these camps, because as mentioned above the kids can be a handful if they aren't kept busy. The "frothy coffee" sessions were good after the kids were bedded down for the night!

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
That's great. My 10 y.o. currently really enjoying Cubs thanks to volunteers like you.

Thanks, I was a Cub, Scout, and Venture Scout (they call them Explorer Scouts now). most of the leaders were relations so it was a bit of a family thing for us. I loved my time in the scouts and would recommend it to everyone. Bit less of an emphasis on outdoors than my time, the dreaded health and safety and all that. Mind you my Scout leader was My Uncle John who was ex forces and every camp was like a survival training exercise. It was great and I loved every minute of it. I feel that it really helped to shape the way I look at the world and the environment and I just thought that if I can carry that forward even to one or two kids then I'll be making a difference. That and it's a good excuse to go camping and run about like a big Kid. Though my other half will tell you I don't usually need an excuse for either!! LOL

Nov 16, 2014
Ontario
Enjoy and remember the most important thing is keeping it fun for them. While it may sometimes seem like they are not paying attention to anything you show them you will be amazed by how much they have learned over three three years.
I have been a Cub leader, a scout leader and just recently moved up to being a venturer leader and have found it very rewarding.
These youth are the future caretakers of the outdoors we all love.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE