Hello from Vorarlberg, Austria

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
That I understood. And that's very nice.

But I wanted to inform you that around you the situation isn't so restricted as most people think.

I don't know well the Austrian and Swiss laws, but I know relatively well the German laws that touch hiking and bivvying.

The practice in Germany is nearly as free as in Skandinavia.

German Scouts do hiking and camping in forest and field since more than 100 years. Land owners are used to it. And if a forester find them with tent and fire in the woods, if there is no actual danger of forest fires, he usually informs them, that this isn't allowed and that they have to leave now, what usually happens in the morning.

The group keeps on hiking as usual, paying attention that they camp in the next two distances of a day hike on farmers ground and that's it.

If people come with a classic equipment and do responsible hiking, farmers usually look at them perhaps in the evening of the second day. They usually don't pay attention in the first morning, they just notice it.

Foresters usually inform responsible wild campers about the laws, because that is part of their job. And usually they do it in the morning, if they found a wild Camper, what usually happens on a four weeks hike once if you have good luck.

They just inform you and ask you kindly to leave the forest, usually with an expression of personal regrets.

That means you mainly have to avoid Naturpark, Nationalpark, Naturschutzgebiet, what are several types of areas under nature protection.

We old foxes do in Germany simply what we want to do. Responsible of course.

Reactions: EffyGent

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE