Hello from Town with a twisted spire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

windz1000r

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2021
derbyshire
Hi all thanks for having me here
had a quick look around.
I would love to say am well experienced but i suppose that depends what you class as bush craft.
theres stuff i know stuff i dont know but allways looking to learn.
i grew up out in the sticks so a lot of "bushcraft" was just what we did as kids to pass time

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Hi, and welcome to the forum :)

I've been doing this stuff (wild camping, canoeing, cycling, walking, fishing, hunting, foraging, and general wilderness living - if that's what counts as bushcraft) for over 50 years and I can still learn something every day! :)

Reactions: Erbswurst

windz1000r

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2021
derbyshire
Hi, and welcome to the forum :)

I've been doing this stuff (wild camping, canoeing, cycling, walking, fishing, hunting, foraging, and general wilderness living - if that's what counts as bushcraft) for over 50 years and I can still learn something every day! :)
a quote from my grandad thats allways stayed with me if you learn one thing a day it was worth getting out of bed

Reactions: Erbswurst

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I grew up out in the sticks so a lot of "bushcraft" was just what we did as kids to pass time
Same here, lighting fires with waxed dipped Swan Vestas and ‘borrowing’ my dads Opinel from the shed, looking for plums and apples etc. Across the fields with a crappy Millets sleeping bag and an old tent. Good way to grow up I reckon. It was years before we discovered the sleep mat, or that having something underneath you was a huge benefit.

windz1000r

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2021
derbyshire
Same here, lighting fires with waxed dipped Swan Vestas and ‘borrowing’ my dads Opinel from the shed, looking for plums and apples etc. Across the fields with a crappy Millets sleeping bag and an old tent. Good way to grow up I reckon. It was years before we discovered the sleep mat, or that having something underneath you was a huge benefit.
aii wakeing up frozen from the ground
couldnt beat it back then

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Hallo from Berlin!

The themes that belong to bushcraft, the art of living in the woods, are endless.

That's one of the reasons, why it never becomes boring here.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
It's worse than that, I'm really from Mastin Moor, the dumping ground of North Derbyshire but in my defence of that me mams family was already there when the A619 was still a dirt track. Me Dads lot where from Brampton way.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I don't know if they still do it but when i was a kid you could go up the tower to the base of the spire and if the clouds were passing in the right direction and you looked up it seamed that the wnole jerry built construction was tumbling down on you.

Atb

Tom

windz1000r

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2021
derbyshire
I don't know if they still do it but when i was a kid you could go up the tower to the base of the spire and if the clouds were passing in the right direction and you looked up it seamed that the wnole jerry built construction was tumbling down on you.

Atb

Tom
I belive you can still go up saying that its been about 15years or so since went up the tower and will probably be a few more years until i take my kids up the tower

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE