Hello from sunny Caithness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi my name is Donnie and I have been a lurker for a short while I live up on the far North coast of Scotland and have enjoyed wild camping, camp site camping and motorbike camping for many years. I would like to learn how to maximise my fun and minimize my carry and my impact when I go out and about and be a bbit more self sufficient. This year I have bought a tarp and a bivvy bag and made myself a camping knife from an old metal file. Haven't been further than my back garden with it yet but hope to change that very shortly when I get some time to myself.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Welcome, pull a log up to the fire, Caithness is one area that I've not been to but its on my list of places to go
jon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi Donnie :D
Welcome to the virtual campfire :D

The midgies are bad down here this year, we've even got Mozzies :(
How you doing with them ?

cheers,
Toddy

I am allergic to the blooming pesky blighter's and have been savaged a few times this year already I require antihistamines to calm the pain and swelling. Havent found anything that keeps them away apart from covering up my skin. Ended up in hospital in Canada a few years back from a reaction to mossies bites and they had bit my legs through my clothes!! I have tried literally everything to repel them with not much success. Skin so soft works for short periods of time. I will be trying some Smidge next when I find a stockist. When I slept out in my bivvy and tarp I wore a midge net all night.

R

rawgibbs

I am raw from alaska. I am new here with really good topics to read.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE