Hello from Scunthorpe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Hi to all

I like to pack up my motorcycle with camping and cooking gear and head off to explore the UK and Europe

Ride an Africa Twin (XRV750) and use either an Omega 350 or Treklite 200 depending on whether I'm having a base camp or moving around

Gradually been refining my kit as I do more camping and now can set up a good little base with various combinations of tent and tarp

Cook with a Coleman petrol stove or Esbit and hex cooker I've converted to use gel fuel and kindling

Slowly been watching videos about bushcraft on Youtube and went looking for a forum to join and found you

That's me - see ya!

John

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Thanks everyone

Looking forward to mooching round the forum and learning stuff. Got some bike rallies coming up and want to fine tune my gear

John

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
i
Welcome John, I'm just down the road from you, North Wood Meet happens in a few weeks if your interested.

Rev G

Hi Reverend

Are normal tents allowed or is it just sleeping bag under a tarp?

As I said I am used to packing up the bike with either a small or medium tent for me and the gear

Newbie on the site so I don't know what happens at meet ups

:lmao:

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE