Hello from Bulgaria

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and hoping to glean some new stuff and maybe post some of my stuff. I look forward to making new friends. I spend a lot of time outdoors, photography mostly. Fishing and mushrooming is big on the agenda and foraging, we have apples, pears and all sorts of berries and fruits. There is also a healthy hunting fraternity here. I actually live a more or less self sufficient lifestyle. I know I'm a lucky beggar.
Grapes to press this week for wine and rakia (homemade brandy). Cheers for now, I'm off to see if any mushrooms are out yet, no rain yet you see. Waiting for a wee drop and up they come lol. I'll post some pictures. Bye for now John:)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I wonder if any Brit has tried to make spirits in the UK? Kind of not allowed. Over in USA some of my family (long dead) were involved in the trade of spirits back when it was not a free act. Made a bundle IIRC. Hooch.

Puchal

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2010
Poland, Warsaw
Hi Spartakus!
Welcome to the forum, and best regards from Poland.
Next week I'm in Sofia for business. I'm always looking with hungry eyes on Vitosha Mountain. Perhaps one day next year during the spring, I will extend my stay and climb this lovely peak.
BTW: shopsky salad is my favorite :)
Regards
Puchal

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Hey and welcome spartacus - did you experience the earthquakes over the last couple of days; my brothers in Sofia and they caused him to smudge his students coursework :)

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Hello JonathanD, Thanks for the welcome. I'll get back to you I'm sure for Herpetelogical reference I have no doubt. Bulgaria is very rich in all sorts of nature. I've only seen a couple of Horned Vipers and they are on my photography list this year (for improved photos lol). Cheers for now.

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Hello Wooden mouse, thank you for the welcome. I'm just over an hours drive from Sozopol and you won't believe how lucky a guy can get. I have a friend with a yacht in Sozopol and I get out on the odd trip. Amazing lol.
Interesting fact no ??? Spatacus was taken as a slave from a village near Sozopol would you believe.
Thanks again for the welcome.

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Hello calibanzwei, thanks for the welcome. No earthquakes down here luckily. I'm sure the students don't mind as long as a pass came with the smudge lol.

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Hello and thank you for the regards from Poland. Let me know when you plan your trip and I'll see if I can make it. I love just about all the food here but the shopska is great.

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Paul_B, thanks for the welcome and I reckon it's only a matter of time until they prohibit making booze unless of course you pay the TAX. they call it progress!!!!!! My native Scotland we used to and still can get Potchin if you know who to talk to lol.

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
southey, thanks for the welcome I'll try and post some links to a couple of articles I got done, not bushcraft as such mre wildlife photography. I have a rare shot of a golden eagle attacking a whitetailed eagle. I got it when I went to photograph vultures. To say I was chuffed is an understatement. Thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE