Hello from an American in Italy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 30, 2014
Naples Italy
Why, you might be asking, would I be joining BushcraftUK? Well, first of all, you have a number of talented members and fascinating forums and even if I were just window shopping for ideas this would be a great resource. However, I have an ulterior motive. (Insert maniacal laugh) I am the troop leader for a group of teenaged US girl scouts stationed in Italy, and we are planning a trip to the UK in the spring of 2015. I am trying to get them to include some scouting activities, and while a tour of the girl guide centre in London is on the agenda, many of the girls are trying to fill the time with visits to Dr. Who and Harry Potter landmarks. All well and good, but we are girl scouts! We get dirty! So, I will be using you all as a resource in my attempts to get the girls excited about outdoor activities available. Thank you.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Great reason for joining.

Nearer the time I have no doubt that if you could be specific with a time and location, some of the wonderful folks on here would be more than willing to show up in person.

Also, if you have a time/location then it is a fair bet that you won't be far from some kind of living history/craft skills/heritage centre that will blow your socks off.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2014
Nice, France
Howdy! I've just joined today.
I'm normally in Nice close to the Liguria region and I love Italy to the point where I have to go there at least once a month. In the summer I explore Piedmont and the parts around Cuneo. Where about are you?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE