Hello BCUK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm originally from Newport, but now living in Caldicot. I fish, shoot now and again, collect edible fungi when I can, and I've successfully made fire using some of the methods discussed on your site.
I'm looking forward to learning some new skills and hopefully making some new friends too.

ttfn Queeg9000

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Hello Rich59,

thanks for the warm welcome, and thanks to all who've shown a similar welcome.
I've had a dabble with fire lighting methods, with a lot of good tuition from my good friend, Ogri the trog.
I've managed to successfully start a blaze, using a flint and steel, striking a spark onto a cramp ball, then slowly building to a nice size camp fire, also I've had limited success with a bow and drill, but I've got to admit, that was hard work, you probably end up warmer from the work, than from the fire at the end.
The biggest problem seems to be transferring a glowing ember, into a suitable bundle of kindling, to actually catch a flame. Several times with the bow, I managed to get a very good ember, only to loose it during the transfer stage.
Still it's good fun, and very satisfying knowing you can start a fire without a lighter! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE