Hello all.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

millie-mail

Forager
Apr 9, 2011
Oxfordshire
Hi, I'm Dave from North Oxon. I have been avidly reading the forum for over a week before this, my first post. What a wealth of knowledge and experience!
I love nature, the outdoors and exploring, camping, kit that works (for me). I tend to lean towards lightweight gear but I fear that is only because my camping has been based recently on what I can carry on a mountain bike.
I am keen to try out lots of new techniques and learn new skills.

Dave.

millie-mail

Forager
Apr 9, 2011
Oxfordshire
Welcome Dave,
I've been toying with the idea of doing an over nighter via mountain bike - do you ride with a hefty bag on your back or do you use panniers?

Thanks,

Joel

Hi Joel, if you can imagine a one man band, wobbling around on a mountain bike, then thats fairly close.
Seriously, neither. I have a dri-bag backpack which also has kit hanging off it, a large (bicycle) frame pack and a standard size rack bag. Plus whatever else doesn't fit gets strapped where-ever. Come to think of it the first statement is right!
To summarize, its far from pretty and you wouldn't want to emulate it.

Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE