Hello all... know south wales well?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
O

OutOnAnIsland

Hello all,
First off id like to say im a long time reader but first time poster to the site. You guys do a great job and if i need any help yours is the first site i come to.

I live in south wales, and sometimes jus like to pack my stuff n dissappear into the woods for a few days. But im not realy sure of many places that take you deep into the woods away form civilisation. Whenever i go or where ever i go somewhere you can always see a house, a road, even if its on another montain, but still in site.

I was wondering if any 1 knows any area in south wales that can take you far away form that, as im hoping to go away in a day or two.

Sorryif it doesnt make sense, thats the best i can do, lol, computers playing up and i cant even see what im typing, hope theres not too may typos.

Cheers guys

D

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
The furthest point from any road in the UK is only 7 miles so getting into true wilderness in Wales is a long shot. :)
How about the Gospel pass at the Eastern edge of the brecons? Its uphill for 11 miles but the Offas dyke path runs up it to Hay on Wye and its fairly remote.
Alternatively try the southern end of the Usk reservoir.

O

OutOnAnIsland

bushwacker bob said:
The furthest point from any road in the UK is only 7 miles so getting into true wilderness in Wales is a long shot. :)
How about the Gospel pass at the Eastern edge of the brecons? Its uphill for 11 miles but the Offas dyke path runs up it to Hay on Wye and its fairly remote.
Alternatively try the southern end of the Usk reservoir.

nice 1, cheers mate. will deffinately be visiting one of the places youve mentioned. When i go its usualy quite spontanious. Just pack up my stuff and drive untill i can see forests all around, park up n trek.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
bushwacker bob said:
The furthest point from any road in the UK is only 7 miles [snip].
For the majority of the UK I expect that's true, but there is one place at least where it isn't: Knoydart. A long way from sunny South Wales though.

As Bob Says though, the beacons is probably a good place to start and there are a few farms that allow camping that you can use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE