Helle Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Love them,I have many custom knives but for the money the Egen
and the Harding are very hard to beat!
Great laminate blades that are easy to sharpen and hold a good edge.
The Egen is only about £50 and the Harding around £80 last I looked.
Try Moonraker knives on the web.
Hope this helps.
Chris.

Gabe

Forager
Aug 10, 2008
Bridgend, South Wales
I picked up the Harding 6 months or so ago - firstly what a beauty it is; however being the big strapping chap I am I found the diameter of the handle too small and found my hands were aching after using if for some time.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
I have a Helle Fjellkniven knife. The Fjellkniven has a curly birch handle and a 10.5cm blade. When it arrived it was as sharp as a razor. It's a great bushcraft knife and excellent for wood carving. Helle use a triple laminated stainless steel for the blade which I have found keeps a great edge. The sheath is also a quality bit of kit. The handle on the Fjellkniven is a perfect fit for my hand, providing confidence in undertaking cutting tasks. This is probably my favourite knife. Only had it a year however, it looks like it will last a lifetime.

Also purchased a Helle Besseggen recently which has a very short but broad blade. Jury still out on this, the handle is not as comfortable as the Fjellkniven and I do not like the leather sheath. The sheath has a rivet at the top of the sheath which holds the knife in the sheath however; I find it makes removing the blade akward. Still a quality looking knife.

I hear that Kellam knives are also worth looking at.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've got the Eggen and love it. I would recommend hot wasing the sheath though, as I thought it to be a bit flimsy as delivered.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE