Helikon PCS Smock Parka opinions please.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
As title, I bought some helikon trousers a long time ago and was not impressed, so have you got one of these smocks?

what do you reckon? i'm looking to upgrade from the Issue PCS MTP smock 1 and 2 as they seem to wear out pretty quick and need modding.

Thanks,

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
As title, I bought some helikon trousers a long time ago and was not impressed, so have you got one of these smocks?

what do you reckon? i'm looking to upgrade from the Issue PCS MTP smock 1 and 2 as they seem to wear out pretty quick and need modding.

Thanks,

Check out GS workfare in Grays Essex. They had their own version of the pcs smock made and in plain colours as well. I have two of them and one is probably 3 years old now.
Also google gs army for their eBay store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
looks like the iphone just thought it knew more than you mate :)

GS workwear grays, nice thanks ill take a look cheers.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I thought I would give the helikon smock a chance, big mistake. As much as it has all the great features of the issue PCS smock it also has it flaws, namely weak pocket stitching which ripped open with out much effort, so thats gone back. shame because the fit was really nice. A modified one would probably be a nice jacket but i dont want to get in to that so ill give the GS a try when i get the refund.

In the mean time I have found the Teesar (mil tec) gen 2 kit carry smock which looks great but also has a price tag to match.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I thought I would give the helikon smock a chance, big mistake. As much as it has all the great features of the issue PCS smock it also has it flaws, namely weak pocket stitching which ripped open with out much effort, so thats gone back. shame because the fit was really nice. A modified one would probably be a nice jacket but i dont want to get in to that so ill give the GS a try when i get the refund.

In the mean time I have found the Teesar (mil tec) gen 2 kit carry smock which looks great but also has a price tag to match.

This is an example of the stitching in a GS one if you want to check sizing I can compare mine to what I would use in British army ones
f0600eeeb8dd057ce0cae4fd70c90b55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
I had a Helikon shirt and it was ok. But then got a Arktis shirt and much better. I would look at Arktis smock if you want top quality.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I am wearing a 180/96 at the moment this works. I would probably get 2 eventually and the other would be a 180/104 for more layers. 180/112 is too big.

I am 5,11. normally XL 44-46 chest . I was going to try a size large GS in olive.

This where the helikon failed. Same thing on the issue version which I got a tailor to strengthen but he still didn't bartack it which is what I wanted.

Its the lower two pockets where the pocket is actually sewn to the smock.

The Arktis one is an option but at the moment for features the Gen 2 kit carry teesar would be ace. everything I want and more.

The other option is the bulldog evolved looks interesting too.

Cheers

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
A 180/104 is a bit snug on me, my GS ones are Large and also a bit snug.

They are not bar tacked where your one failed, but on my oldest one, it is still stitched very strongly at that point

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
Agreed the Kit Karry looks good. A cheaper option that I have as well is the the Kombat UK smock. Not going to last for every and unlined but still useful.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Thanks, yeah main use for my smock is just a windproof outer layer that can carry bits and be trashed without too much worry.

Quite a few bramble/thorny areas where i go. I have managed to wear a hole in the back of my issue tissue smock just wearing rucksack, fabric is probably not even as thick as a 5.11 tac shirt.

layers will do the protection/warmth. This works for me, but tbh so far this year, I haven't needed to wear anything but a t shirt underneath whilst on the move.

I am just getting into target shooting prone and the extras like padded elbows(although minimal) is a bonus, plus pockets at the side etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE