Heinz Sqeeze n Stir Soup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Found some of these in thew shop for 60p a pop
http://www.heinz.co.uk/ourfood/soups/squeezestir/cream-of-tomato-soup

Its basically 70g of thick tomato thick paste which you dissolve down into soup (& its one of your 5 a day). Only slightly bigger than a cuppasoup and more nutritious (and I always find it difficult not to just take carbs and sugar when out camping etc)

Thought I would give it a test run this evening and had the idea of making it into a pasta sauce:
some macaroni, chucked in the sachet with remaining water once cooked (and an onion and garlic) et voila.... as good as any dolmio sauce I can tell you, and far less to pack around with you. If I had any chorizo or jerky that would have been thrown in as a bonus.

Thank you heinz! I will be keeping a stock of these in the cupboard from now on.

No affiliation to the company blah blah, just like good food!

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Ironically I tried them last night with tortellini following on from a discussion at Rough Close. Quite an acceptable result :nom

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I've tried those soup tubes and thought they were OK.
I'm presently addicted to these in place of OXO, Marmite and Bovril

03215695.jpg

Six tabs per box for about £2, really tasty, but then I like the tubes of soup ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE