Heat Protection? Re-purposed items?

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Lancashire
Just curious as to whether anyone uses those little soldering mats under stoves when out and about. I bought one years ago from wickes and use it under trangia using both meths and gas burner. I find it does offer some protection.

I wonder if there's other uses in the outdoors for such a thing? Anything else that has been re-purposed for outdoor use?

Danqrl

Jan 14, 2021
Derbyshire
I have used an old fire blanket designed for putting over a burning pan of oil. That worked quite well for me as something to put a trangia meths burner on.

MrEd

Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Just curious as to whether anyone uses those little soldering mats under stoves when out and about. I bought one years ago from wickes and use it under trangia using both meths and gas burner. I find it does offer some protection.

I wonder if there's other uses in the outdoors for such a thing? Anything else that has been re-purposed for outdoor use?

I use one for exactly that!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Lancashire
Some people use those fire blankets or welding curtains as a BBQ insulation for cold weather barbecues. At least in America it seems. Photos of Americans in the snow barbecuing with the blankets firmly attached.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.