Heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
£10 fleece from Craghoppers. I think I get sent an email every half hour about their new "sale", but I actually bothered to have a browse of this one.

http://www.craghoppers.com/buy/basecamp200-interactive-fleece-238501

Looks to be a nice, simple fleece. Full zip. Drawcords at the bottom and actually a half decent outdoorsy colour. Thinking of picking myself up one.

Shame about the 4.95 postage though.. :confused: Still, not a bad price for those who are wanting one.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
I don't understand why this would be better than a woolen jumper or cotton issue "Norgie".... can anyone enlighten me on the benefits of a synthetic fleece, don't you sweat in them easily?

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
I don't understand why this would be better than a woolen jumper or cotton issue "Norgie".... can anyone enlighten me on the benefits of a synthetic fleece, don't you sweat in them easily?

If you get caught in a shower with a fleece you can wring it out, give it a shake and your good to go, thats not the case with a Norgie or wooly jumper. I'm not anti wool and I have norwegians, swanndri and ulfrotte, but you won't catch me out on the fell with a wool outer.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Warm as wool, lightweight, machine washable, breathable dry much more quickly than wool or a norgie.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
A tenner is pretty good, although the postage does bring it up to TKMaxx prices (although I havn't seen a full length zip one in that colour in my local store yet). In fact its so good, they all seem to be sold out! The half zip fleece is still avilable in certain sizes for the same price though.

They've got some Basecamp lined trousers in, as well. I had a look in TKM, and they seem a pretty good alternative to their lined Kiwi's. but a bit cheaper (around £20-25). The ones on the website are regular, but I'd make sure they are the right length - Craghoppers cut the Kiwi's extra long, so a 32 leg is actually the short (which you can never find), rather than the regular you think it should be.

Juding by this website and all the regular offers (and TKM) does anyone buy Craghoppers at full price any more?

As for the wonders of a woollen sweater or norgie - wool sweaters are a pain to wash and heavy for the insulation it gives (although I always liked my old German army sweater). My norgie is in the winter car kit, because it soaks up sweat like a sponge (being cotton), and is scatchy as well. My microfleece is as warm as the above, drys quicker, doesn't really soak up sweat and packs down smaller. I've read that if want the coolest thing on the hills, then an insulated jacket is apparently even better - something like the Rab Generator. As warm as a fleece, windproof, and very light http://www.backpacker.com/apparel_guide_2007_puffy_jackets/gear/12201. Only a £116...:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE