Heads up: TK Maxx Glasgow Berghaus Vulcans £79.99

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Hi all

Just in case this is useful to anyone looking for a new rucksack ('cos 17 packs are never enough) I spotted 3 Berghaus Vulcans in TK Maxx in Sauchiehall Street today.

Nice, new 90+20 (main pack & side pockets) in fetching olive green. I nearly bought one myself but have already got a surplus one (still wanted to new non-whiffy one though) as well as a snugpack one (and a variety of other packs that my wife wants me to get rid of).

First time I've ever seen such a thing in TK Maxx so please go buy them before I head back there and get one regardless how much trouble I'll get into.

No affiliations with store, if anything I hate the place due to the many hours I've been forced to spend in the 'designer jumble sale hell'...just thought some of my local bushcraft buddies might benefit.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
We noticed them in a couple of stores, and there is a report of a BH Crusader in their Reading store http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/forum/gear/tkmaxx-watch/3362-48.html

Its a slightly strange thing for TKMaxx to stock, but a bargain for someone. The secret of TKMaxx is to leave others to their own devices (they can text you when they are done), go when its quiet, and have a look through the blokes stuff. Generally lots of wicking T-shirts, cheapish Craghopper/Regatta/Trespass fleeces, and Craghopper trousers. Plus all sorts of brands which you've never heard of, but look OK, especially if they are cheap enough (Avalanche zipped jackets as a midlayer). Its worth checking the brand out on the web as well - often a US brand can be had for a very good price.

I've bought Sea to Summit drybags, TNF gloves, sleeping bag liners, storage sacks, and various bits of running kits from there, and been pretty happy with it.

And dont forget the homeware section. Sigg/Emsa water bottles (one Sigg was £2.99!) and other brands/accessories. I bought the kids their school drinks bottles from there as well - £5.99 for Sigg ones, so they wont leak, and the same price as rubbish supermarket ones. If your into using fires, then they might have some barbecue stuff in - generally American and often at good prices. Frankly, I get our bed linen and towels from there as well - 400 count Egyptian cotton can be had for polycotton prices.

'designer jumble sale hell'
I know what you mean though....

Oct 1, 2014
Wicklow
Hi Folks,
I thought I was the dogs,picked up a size 1 crusader in TK max here in Co Dublin,couldnt believe my eyes was 139 yo yos which I think I did well on looking at prices on web.one thing though I noticed when I got back,it only had 1 side pocket,I went back and had a look around for the other incase it was on the floor around the rucsacks and asked a member of staff but no go,

Lucky picked up 2 new ones on amazon for £27 so still think im doing good.

there must be a run of them at the moment,will keep an eye in TK from now on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE