Heads Up - Small gas stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
Wilkinsons have got some Pocket Rocket clone gas stoves in for nine quid. Look pretty good quality, pot supports look stronger than the MSR ones, fit in a similar box to the Pocket Rocket but it's square instead of triangular.

Mike.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
that would be this: http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/campin...c01Ce33jD88I3abe4u0P+CbASXoqCFdH 3Nt5D8evGQ==

0299806_m.jpg

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
Pot stand seems pretty rigid, which the msr one isn't, I normally cut three pieces of hazel and hammer them into the ground as a pot stand when I use my MSR with anything heavier than a trangia kettle. For nine quid I would have bought one if I hadn't already bought the pocket rocket.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Thanks for the heads up on these. Picked one up yesterday, seems like a nice bit of kit. Been looking at pocket rockets for a while but cant go wrong with this for 9 quid.

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
There are pocket rocket clones/fakes over on dealextreme for just over USD10 including worldwide shipping if you want to save some money over the real deal MSR stoves. Quality can be awful or just as good as the original, who knows. I seem to remember UK stores selling the pocketrocket for under GBP20. And there is always that titanium karrimor over at sportsdirect for GBP 16-17.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've still got an Epigas Micro Stove which was one of the fairly early small stoves that packed a punch, long before the Pocket Rocket.

I had one stove in the 70's, fuel line was rubber and it all packed into a small round tin, can't remember the name...any ideas folks?

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Picked one of these up from wilkos, spot on and as good as the MSR IMHO. Can't go wrong at that price plus it's even better if you can refill the canisters:lol:

Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE