Heads up on vehicle security

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
One of my mates had his car broken into over the weekend. No sign of forced entry, and it turns out his neighbours car had also been done - again no sign of forced entry.

The neighbour had CCTV and it showed the theives just walking up to the car and opening the door.

It turns out that the thieves had prevented the cars from locking by placing a jammer device near the vehicles. This effectively prevented the cars from being locked. My mate and his neighbour both say they just walk away from the car and hit the old button on the key and assume the car has locked itself.

Info from police is that this is a rising trend and becoming more common (at least in London)

So please be aware and double check that your vehicle is locked, we wouldnt want to lose all those nice shiny toys we have.

ATB

Stewart

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Ha ha, vehicle security.....
It has been known in our town for people to leave their keys in the ignition, just in case someone parked close has difficulty getting their car out - means they can move your car and not crumple the bumpers.

Though I feel a change in attitude on the breeze.....

Ogri the trog

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Mine uses a real key!:)
You flash boys need to be careful though!

Yes our automatic locking froze and the electricians couldnt fix it. It was parked for 2 months we had to buy a new key and configure it, oh and guess what only renault sell these and they do so at a cost of £70 upwards. we shall NEVER own Renault Megan ever ever again.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ha ha, vehicle security.....
It has been known in our town for people to leave their keys in the ignition, just in case someone parked close has difficulty getting their car out - means they can move your car and not crumple the bumpers.

Though I feel a change in attitude on the breeze.....

Ogri the trog

Same round here!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE