Heads up - cheap(ish) Karrimor Sabre 45

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
Came across this on the Ray Mears site at the weekend, it's the cheapest I've ever seen a Sabre 45 being sold.

I ordered on Sunday evening, arrived today.

Looks and feels great, am off the end of the month to the highlands and islands to put it through its paces. Can't wait.

No connection with Mr Mears, just couldn't resist the bargain.

Alex

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Last weekend I took too much kit but in any case I felt that my trusty Berghaus Freeflow 35 +8 wasn't big enough.

If I want to be independent and carry food water and a change of clothes or two I think something bigger is in order. I'm looking for a load lugger here. If I was walking long distance the Freeflow is superb and I wouldn't want to carry much more than this can hold any distance.

Was really tempted by the Woodlore offer but realise I would need the side pockets too, then found the Berghaus Centurio 45 and its MMPS side pockets. This is about £20-30 cheaper as a solution and Berghaus has always served me well. Then looking at military style load luggers on the bay I found for a 1/4 of the cost BUNDESWEHR KAMPFRUCKSACK 65 L RUCKSACK in FLECKTARN http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-..._Geldbörsen_Herrentaschen&hash=item416c380a13

Cant help but think for lugging kit to a base camp this would be good enough? Really appreciate some input here guys. I'm a bit torn. I know I would get a bigger range of potential use out of either the Karrimor or the Berghaus but I quite like Flecktarn otherwise for this purpose.

As a complete aside. I did see these which I think a number of people on here would like the look of. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-...ackpacksRucksacks_Bags_EH&hash=item5af52311e8

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I decided I wanted the Coyote Brown version. Sportsdirect on EBay had the Sabre 45 for £94.99 and the side pockets for £31.99 both were on free delivery. Woodlores Delivery on both is £6.50 and the side pockets £40.

eBay came to £126.98 and Woodlore £134.

If Ray was doing them in Brown then for that difference he could have had the deal.

Of course if I was spending £134 at Woodlore the Leafcutter is only 30 quid more.

Ho hum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
My 45 arrived from Sportsdirect and it seems very good. Quality isn't as obvious as my Maxpedition stuff but it looks squaddie proof alright.

Side pockets make it quite wide but it's very simple to load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE