He who plays with knives....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Will eventually cut himself
195399dbb82bde70aaf40bba9e0505ba.jpg

Just left A&E in and out in an hour very impressed.

Sent from somewhere?

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Hope all the nerves and tendony bits are all okay. Did your missus make you dangle your hand outside the car so you didn't get blood on the seats, or is that just mine that does that?

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Ha ha no before pics sadly wound was bleeding too much and was worried wife would faint, no lift to hospital then.!!
All good no damage to nerves etc
Bob I think that might just be you I'm afraid..😉

Sent from somewhere?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
EEEEEy! some folk should not play with knives ...
I just sharpened a workmates penknife for him ... first time he used it (to open a feedsack) he gave himself a 1.5" gash in his left (supporting) hand
The pink bits should stay out of reach of the shiny sharp bits :)
Heal fast!

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
Three hours and then some is more the norm round here. I remember a quicker trip to A&E back in 2008. I was splitting down some bits of tatty old plywood for my firebox and managed to slice right into the top of my left hand index finger with my first decent knife, an Iisakki Jarvenpaa puuko. Just over an hour in A&E which was highly unusual for these parts. It wouldn't have been too bad but I was going to pick up my brand new canoe the following day then meet up with some chaps from Song of the Paddle to go and get her wet.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I cut along the back of my left thumb with a brand spanking new Stanley knife blade and went to A&E in uxbridge and I am a bit squimish with blood (fine with seeing animals being gutted and all that but as soon as a someones cut drapes open and blood starts pooring out i'm a jellied mess) and the triage nurse took my details which I couldnt remember :eek: then the doctor came out and told me I will have to wait an hour. I probably went a bit white at that point and he said "only joking, follow me". I didnt find it very amusing! :(

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I carve with PacNW style crooked knives. Better than scalpel sharp, fist grip and you carve towards yourself, OK?
Been popped in the chest a few times. Wrecked shirts and peculiar semicircular cuts in me.
Heavy Duty canvas apron now. I have healed up quite nicely, thank you.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
So have you considered how you managed to cut yourself? I mean in terms of what you were doing and how to adapt it for the future , planning your cuts etc.?

Hope you heal quickly and cleanly.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
It's weird I'm usually really careful this time the knife slipped and caught me across the two fingers not sure how it happened!!??

Sent from somewhere?

stonehippo

Forager
May 15, 2011
Birmingham
I was cutting down nettles in the back yard with a Marbles bolo I bought for the job. On th second cut I hit the ground and followed through a bit further than I wanted to. Cut into my leg, nice straight, clean cut. Unfortunately I was recovering from a heart attack and still on blood thinners. As my wife was away for the weekend, I self medicated. A full roll of kitchen towels later and a lot of pressure, and the bleeding stopped enough to slap some wound closures on it. After a medicinal whisky, I managed to clean the blood off the kitchen tiles to hide the evidence.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE