Haversack II More String!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Started at the winter moot then neglected for a while due to work I finally got around to picking up my knitting last week.
Over one hundred meters of Wilko's finest jute twine and some sore fingers later, today another bush-bag was born.
Slightly wider and deeper than the first with ample room for all your possibles, a liter of water and lunch.

bag2.JPGbag2b.JPG

DSCN2326.JPGDSCN2327.JPGDSCN2329.JPGDSCN2334.JPG

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Started at the winter moot then neglected for a while due to work I finally got around to picking up my knitting last week.
Over one hundred meters of Wilko's finest jute twine and some sore fingers later, today another bush-bag was born.
Slightly wider and deeper than the first with ample room for all your possibles, a liter of water and lunch.

View attachment 58384View attachment 58385

View attachment 58387View attachment 58388View attachment 58389View attachment 58390
Great job! I couldn't imagine knitting with jute but maybe I should reconsider.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Jute is out of the question it must be hemp! :)

Some years ago a department store in Tallinn got a large lot of cheap hemp shopping bags made in Pakistan. What kind of hemp nobody knew. Anyway when Finns ferried back home with their bags the drug sniffing dogs at Helsinki harbour went wild. They had to be temporary placed somewhere else until the bags run out.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Great job! I couldn't imagine knitting with jute but maybe I should reconsider.

Please do, I started out using just a basic DIY knitting dolly to create a dog leash. From that I got hooked into whittling a crochet needle and things went from there. Still lots to experiment with, Poundland for instance have garden string that is more fluffy akin to a spun yarn, lower tensile strength but more stretchy than the jute cordage. In theory that stuff should knit or better still weave tight enough to be practical for clothing. Plus it comes ready dyed in green. Extracting & processing Nettle fiber also beckons an attempt or two, just need to scrounge a big Jam pan to boil everything in.

Reactions: SaraR

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE