have you tried the Sling Shot Bow before?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leahcim

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2011
USA
I saw dave from daul survival make a sling shot into a bow, I couldnt believe my eyes how good it actual works. 15 yards is is deadlyenough to bring down deer. so I made one, and it really does work well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGIcCRJGYug check it out, there will be mod videos next to it.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
they are greatfun for target shooting - i played around with daves version, and an adaption of the a+slingshots one - planning to make a fishhunter style one with an arrow rest at some point

A+slingshots even do take down arrows in his range

leahcim

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2011
USA
you cant bow hunt in england dang, what a shame - Long bows should be a allowed like we have muzzleloading hunting days here for old timers historical hunts. what a shame, bow hunting is so exciting.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
In York, there is still a local statute that says a city-born man can shoot a Scotsman if they are seen inside the city walls.

Mind you, we still have the local statute that says all men over a certain age must practise at the butts on the knavesmire.

leahcim

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2011
USA
it is a Bibical command by God, for David to train all troops to shoot and learn the Bow. So if it is good for God, I think everyone should know the skills of the Bow, it teaches control, patience, disclipine, focus. It is a shame yall can not bow hunt. It is very intenste hunting. You must really understand how to stalk since most bow shots are 15 yeards or less, but not farther than 40-75 yards depending on skill. it is an excitement guns can never replace once you done it for the first time. you think you get buck fever with gun shooting, the bow hunt is 15 times more buck fever, and the adrenline is pumping way much harder, so you have to master at claming yourself down and relax/ sad for yall brother, you are really missing out on a good thing

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
In York, there is still a local statute that says a city-born man can shoot a Scotsman if they are seen inside the city walls.

Mind you, we still have the local statute that says all men over a certain age must practise at the butts on the knavesmire.

Now I know why I have had some strange looks when I stravaig through York. Maybe I should wear trousers next time :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE