Have you had any First Aid Training?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
Ex Army Medic ( seconded to B Coy 2 Para ) in the 70s, do a refresher every 3 years. Used my 'skills' many times, even on myself, well worth doing one.

Rev G

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
I have not taken an official course in first aid. I have learnt most of what I know (which is mostly to do with various sized bleeding wounds) from friends, family, books and of course personal experience.

I am planning on taking a first aid course in the very near future.

Gearpac

Nov 6, 2007
North Wales
The way I look it is simple. If you have no first aid knowledge.. and get the chance. Do a course! Many places, will do them free now days, through groups and charities etc.

The one thing I can guarantee is, if you need to administer first for a serious issue, and you never did it. You will regret that for the rest of your life!

At least if you have a go, you still might not be able to change the outcome, but you will have tried! Why live with the regret!

If you were seriously injured, wouldn't you hope someone would give you first aid?

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
The way I look it is simple. If you have no first aid knowledge.. and get the chance. Do a course! Many places, will do them free now days, through groups and charities etc.

The one thing I can guarantee is, if you need to administer first for a serious issue, and you never did it. You will regret that for the rest of your life!

At least if you have a go, you still might not be able to change the outcome, but you will have tried! Why live with the regret!

If you were seriously injured, wouldn't you hope someone would give you first aid?

Very true, many good points put forward there.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I did an 'Expedition' first aid course way back when I was doing my DofE. Done several first aid at work courses since then.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE